Saturday, February 15, 2014

Jason's Vegetable Beef Soup (Crock Pot)

Jason's Vegetable Beef Soup (Crock Pot)





It's been a lazy couple of days with really no cooking to speak of but Thursday I did make a crock pot full of Vegetable beef soup so here's how I done it.

This is a very simple recipe and you can use chicken, beef, turkey, venison cut any way! *note* If you use ground any of the meats I mentioned brown it with onion, celery, garlic and peppers before adding to get the best result.

Ingredients:





1-2 lbs. Beef, chicken, turkey, venison or whatever meat you want.
2 can's 14.5oz diced tomato's
1 can vegetable broth (15oz)
1 can beef broth (15oz)
1 can tomato soup
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. minced onion
1 Tbsp. dried celery flakes
1 Tbsp. dried Parsley flakes
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. onion salt
1/4 tsp. rosemary
1/4 tsp. thyme
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder
2 bay leaves
Whatever vegetables you want to put in it. I used cole slaw blend, vegetable soup frozen blend, celery, onion, potato and canned mushrooms. To be hones fresh cabbage chunks would have been better than the cole slaw mix in this. It's a lazy man's recipe!




Directions:

I put the broth and all the seasonings in the crock pot and stirred first, then threw everything else in and cooked it on high for 6-8 hours. As you've noticed I didn't even defrost the roast.  I did pull the roast out halfway through cooking and cut it up into small chunks.  I also removed most of the fat from it.




Remove the bay leaves, serve and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment