Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Jason's Bean Burrito

Jason's Bean Burrito's


As I mentioned earlier I set off today with the goal of having a Taco Bell bean burrito for lunch. Problem being that I just had the van towed away as it has a broken radiator. So my mind went to work and with the help of the leftover soup beans from yesterdays supper at hand I made my own!


Ingredients:



Re-fried beans:

Roughly 28oz of cooked beans (I used my leftovers from the crock pot so they already had celery, garlic, onion, parsley and bacon grease in them so there was no need to season them).
2 Tbsp. olive oil

Red Sauce: This is very close to the Taco Bell red sauce used on their burrito's.

1 14oz. can of chicken broth
1 15oz. can of tomato sauce
2 Tbsp. minced onion (I used dried)
1/2 tsp. white vinegar
1 tsp. Cumin
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion salt
2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. smoked Spanish paprika
1/4 tsp. sugar
1Tbsp. olive oil
 

Finishing Ingredients:

Some chopped fresh onion
Mexican cheese blend
flour tortillas

Directions for beans:

Add the olive oil and beans to a frying pan. Using a fork, potato masher or the spatula (which is what I used) smash the beans up and heat over medium-high heat until nice and bubbly.





Directions for sauce:

Add all the sauce ingredients and whisk together. Heat over medium heat till bubbly. Reduce heat, cover and simmer about 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove cover and continue simmering 15-30 minutes longer or until reduced to your desired consistency.








Put 2-3 spoons fool of re-fried beans in the middle of a tortilla and top with fresh chopped onion, red sauce and cheese. Roll the burrito and microwave for 30 seconds or until cheese is melted.






Serve and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment