Monday, February 10, 2014

Jason's Crock Pot Spaghetti Sauce

Jason's Crock Pot Spaghetti Sauce


This was an absolutely huge hit last night! Once again sorry for not having a picture of the actual plates, but the garlic bread, salad and spaghetti in front of me made my stomach override my brain and I had it half eaten before I remembered that I needed a picture!

*Picture is from leftover night*.

Ingredients:


1lb. Ground pork (you can obviously use sausage if you prefer)
1lb. Ground beef (I used ground round but any will do)
1 medium to large onion diced
3-5 garlic cloves minced (I put the onion and garlic in my small ninja and minced it all)
2tbsps. olive oil
1 28-30oz can tomato sauce
1 12oz can tomato paste
2 14.5oz cans diced tomatoes
2-3 bay leaves
1tsp. garlic powder
1tbsp. basil
1tsp. Italian seasoning
1tbsp. brown sugar
1/2tsp. salt
1/2tsp. pepper

4-8oz's canned or fresh sliced mushrooms (optional)

In a large frying pan or dutch oven add the olive oil and cook the onions and garlic for about five minutes or till they just start to brown. crumble the pork and hamburger into the pan and brown. Drain the excess grease and set aside.

In a large mixing bowl add all the rest of the ingredients except the bay leaves and mix well. Add the sauce and beef/pork mixture to the crock pot and mix well. Place the bay leaves on top and cook on low for 8 hours stirring after four.



Serve over hot cooked spaghetti!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment