Monday, February 10, 2014

Jason's Italian Style Ghoulash

Jason's Italian Style Ghoulash


This says Italian Style because this isn't my traditional ghoulash recipe. My traditional one is not as thick as this and doesn't contain all the Italian flare.

Ingredients:

1lb ground beef
1lb ground pork
*Note: You've probably noticed that I use a combination of ground beef and pork in a lot of my recipes. I do this .... well I don't know why I do it... guess cause I want to and it tastes good*!
1 cup diced onion
2 celery stalks minced
4-6 cloves of garlic minced (Ninja time again)
1tsp. dried Basil (I use freeze dried)
1tsp. dried Parsley
1tsp. Garlic Powder
1tsp. Black Pepper
1tsp. Onion salt
1tsp. Italian seasoning blend
2 14.5oz cans of diced Tomatoes
1 can of whole kernel Corn
1 25-28oz jar of your favorite store bought Marinara Sauce
3 of the Marinara Sauce jars full of water
*optional: 4 to 8 ounces of canned or fresh mushrooms*
12oz. dry elbow Macaroni

Saute the onions, garlic and celery in olive oil. Add the beef/pork and cook until no longer pink. Drain of excess grease.

In large cooking pot over medium/high heat add the tomatoes, marinara, water, spices and corn and bring to a boil. Add in the beef/pork stir and bring to a boil again. Simmer on Medium for 30-45 minutes stirring frequently. Add the macaroni and stir well. Stirring frequently to prevent macaroni from sticking and/or burning continue cooking for 15-20 minutes or until macaroni is al-dente'. Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 10-15 minutes. The macaroni will absorb a lot of the remaining juices and finish cooking during this time.

Serve with fresh garden salad and garlic bread.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment