Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Jason's Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Cube Steaks

Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Cube Steaks


We let the kids pick one meal they want every month or so and Zane decided he wanted "anything" bacon wrapped! Yeah healthy I know, lol.

Ingredients:



4-8 cube steaks
1lb of bacon
1 small tub of onion and chive cream cheese
fresh or dried basil
fresh or dried parsley
garlic powder
black pepper

First problem I ran into was that I couldn't find my grilling rack for the oven so I had to get creative with some tin foil and a baking pan. The grease from this dish definitely needed to drain while it was cooking.

Preheat oven to 375degrees.

on a separate plate place one piece of the cube steak and spread with a layer of cream cheese.

Sprinkle with black pepper, garlic, basil and parsley.
 Roll up as pictured below.
Wrap 1-2 slices of bacon around the rolled up steak and secure with a toothpick on each end (I put them all the way through and they held just fine).


After all of them are rolled, wrapped and placed on the grilling rack, or makeshift grease draining pan in my case, place in the oven on the center rack and bake for 30-40 minutes or until bacon is nice and golden brown.



Serve and Enjoy!

I served with peas/corn and Pasta con Verdura with spinach and mushrooms (the pasta came from Casa in Ft. Wayne, I didn't make this part

No comments:

Post a Comment