Saturday, June 24, 2017

Back to the Basics

Back to the Basics

How cheap is the food I make?

Here's an idea!

I'm POORER than a POOR mans PORRIDGE!

     When I started this blog one of the things I was looking for and I quoted was "On the Cheap"!  Well what does that mean?

     I'm going to give you an idea!   Ok this is Cornmeal crusted whiting, headed and cleaned with thyme and rosemary cornmeal mix crust.



cost:
Whiting 5.99 for 3 lbs. about 12 pieces so cost 1.50 other spices etc.  especially if you grow your own herbs or buy Kroger brand we're talking .85 with oil!  So main course for three people, cause these are big pieces of fish .80 per person.

Ok next one the chicken I just put up
DEEP SOUTH SLOW FRIED CHICKEN 



Chicken 5lbs 5.99 about 10 pieces I used 2 so 1.20 because of buttermilk and egg maybe 1.00 including oil so a BUCK TEN!  really?  to feed a kid something they'll never get in a restaurant , get off your ass and kick it in the kitchen!

Tarantula



Priceless although 80.00 and over three years 150.00 so not worth eating!  But great to take a nap with :)

Ok let's get fancy !  Beef Sweet Breads, that's Thymus or "throat" and pancreas and yes it's a delicacy



 at 7.50 for 2.5 lbs so a serving of 4 oz which is enough considering the "SWEET" isn't no joke is a serving we're talking 10 servings at .75 just for the sweet breads add another dime for the extras and we're talking .85 a serving for "RITZY ASS FOODSY FOODS"!

PIG



PRICELESS, I MISS YOU BUDDY :)

Till next time get some sense and start cooking!

oh yeah and ENJOY!

Chef Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment