Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Chef Jason's Cheesy/Thyme Salmon

Chef Jason's Cheesy/thyme salmon (Oven fried)

Roasted Butternut Squash/walnut bow tie pasta

Chard/Cherry wilted salad

 


This made for a great night in the kitchen for me and my wife Adelin Blevins​.  I made the salmon and pasta, she made the salad and the brownies (not shown).

The pasta was so good that I literally dreamed about it last night, thank goodness there are leftovers :)  The pasta has a very nice vegetable stock based vinaigrette and the fresh parley and fresh sage just make the flavor of the butternut squash and walnuts burst with flavor.  One of the best dishes I've made to date.

The Chard and Dried Cherry Salad was also extremely good, a nice combination of sweet, tangy and bitter made it very well balanced and a great fit with this meal.  Thanks again Addie for helping me and making the salad :)

I'm going to give you the salmon recipe' which was inspired by an idea from my niece Misty Frank​ .

Cheesy/thyme salmon

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.

Spray a cookie sheet lightly with olive oil spray or lightly oil with olive oil.

Get two mixing bowls ready, one for the crumb mixture and one for the egg mixture.

Ingredients:

1-3 lbs. Salmon Filets

Egg Mixture:

2 Eggs
1 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
1 tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
1 tsp. (1 clove) Minced Garlic
1 Tbsp. Fresh Thyme Finely Chopped
Juice of 1/4 Fresh Lemon

Coating:

1 Can of French's Cheddar Onions Crushed up Into Crumbs

Mix all ingredients for egg mixture together in mixing bowl and whisk vigorously or until frothy.

In the other mixing bowl place the crushed up French's Onions.  I put the Cheddar onions in a 1 gallon Zip Lock bag and removed all the air.  I then took "the flat side" of my meat mallet and smashed them up.

Slice the salmon into 2" to 3" strips.

Coat each piece well with the egg mixture and then toss in the crumbs, be sure to press each piece in the mixture to make it stick well and shake off excess coating.

Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

Serve and
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment